Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Melissa Scott presented DAISY Award for providing exceptional care and comfort to patient


Misty Denevan, RN, BSN, CEN, director of emergency services and critical care, from left, joins Melissa Scott, RN, and Lynne Yaggy, CNO and vice president of clinical services, for a photo after Scott was honored with a DAISY Award.

Melissa Scott is a nurse on the step down unit. She was nominated by a patient for a DAISY Award after demonstrating extraordinary critical thinking skills in an effort to provide exceptional care and comfort.


The patient explained in the nomination form that he had been experiencing tightness in his chest when he was admitted into the hospital.

“I was nauseated, disoriented and obviously having problems,” the patient stated in the nomination form. “Nurse Melissa Scott immediately took charge, calming me down and helping to stabilize me. My wife said she was amazing and resourceful. Melissa was my nurse for one day only but she was my best friend that day, making me feel like I was her only patient.”

“Melissa has an amazing gift for being able to connect with her patients in a way that provides them comfort and peace,” said Misty Denevan, RN, BSN, CEN, director of emergency services and critical care. “Melissa exemplifies the mission and values of Cox Medical Center Branson – to be the best for those who need us, and she is always willing to do whatever that takes.”