Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Marisa Crotty honored with DAISY Award

Lynne Yaggy, CNO and vice president of clinical services, from left, Marisa Crotty, RN, and Adene Smith, BSN, CNRN, director of medical and surgical units, pose for a photo together after Crotty was presented a DAISY Award.



Marisa Crotty is a nurse on the surgical unit at Cox Medical Center Branson.  She was nominated for a DAISY Award by the daughter of a patient.

“I had many questions regarding my mom’s fractured hip,” the patient’s daughter explained. “When I approached Marisa, she gave me quality time, addressed my concerns and was very informative. This was comforting to me. My main concern was to get my mom’s pain to a tolerable level. Marisa told me how she would address this and then followed through. This young lady quickly earned my respect.”

“Marisa is a great fit for the DAISY Award,” explained Adene Smith, BSN, CNRN, director of medical and surgical units. “Marisa consistently goes above and beyond for her patients to ensure they are as comfortable as possible. She also understands that communication is key when it comes to emotional comfort and Marisa does an outstanding job communicating with both her patients and their family.”