Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Partners Spirit honoree: Carl Martin


PARTNERS Spirit recognizes an employee, volunteer, physician or Cox College nursing student who has made a significant contribution to the benefit of CoxHealth, an individual or the community. PARTNERS behaviors generally demonstrate everyday excellence or exceed the employee's normal job duties.

Carl Martin, Environmental Services, Cox South

From a nomination written by the nephew of a patient: “My aunt asked me to write in to tell you about one of your employees. My aunt has trouble walking – she walks with a walker or cane and my uncle was in the ICU until he passed away. Carl was there for her every day. He helped her get in daily and even came in ICU to check on her before his shift was over to see if she needed anything.

He sat a wheelchair by the door if he wasn't going to be able to be there when she left. It meant so much to her she cried when she told me about it. He even put his phone number in her phone so she could call him if she needed help. He came in to check on her the day my uncle passed away. Carl is a very sweet and caring man and he needs some type of reward for his kindness.”