Tuesday, June 3, 2014
2014 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Telethon raises more than $1.5 million for area children
“Words can’t express how much we appreciate everyone’s help in making this year’s telethon a success,” says Tim Seibert, executive director of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth. “We are so pleased with our final results, which will help us fund our various programs and services for our local kids with medical needs.”
The funds raised will help benefit the following programs:
· Special Needs Fund, where direct assistance is provided for needs such as wheelchairs, leg braces, prescription medications, travel expenses, and much more.
· Family Care Grants that help pay for CoxHealth hospital bills, physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
· C.A.R.E Mobile, which is a mobile medical unit that provides immunizations, physicals, and treatment of common childhood illnesses.
· Educational programs such as Wasted (anti-drinking and driving), Never Shake a Baby (educates and prevents Shaken Baby Syndrome), Cardiac Kids (teaches area children the importance of regular exercise and eating healthy), Car Seat Safety program, Water Safety program and Bicycle Safety program)
· Life-Saving Equipment, including special medical equipment for pediatric hospital departments and ambulances at CoxHealth.
About CMN Hospitals: Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of CoxHealth is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to sick and injured children in the Ozarks. CoxHealth underwrites all administrative expenses of the charity locally, so that every dollar raised helps local children. For more information on Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals or to donate, visit www.coxhealthcmn.com.