Monday, January 20, 2014

Three nurses honored with Daisy awards

Three Springfield nurses were recently presented with Daisy awards, which recognize outstanding patient care:
Heather King, 300 East 
King was nominated by a patient’s family: “Heather was my mom’s nurse – she showed caring and compassion to her and my family. She made sure we were informed and explained everything to us. Her emotional support and care has been excellent!”

Susan Simpson, 400
A patient nominated Simpson, writing: “I was hurting, sick and very stressed because I didn’t know for sure what was wrong with me. She talked me through it and then got me some medication to help me relax. I think she is an exceptional nurse and great person. I feel privileged to have had her take care of me.”
Jane Van Zandt, 900 East 
A patient wrote: “This nurse knows how to treat a patient. Every time she entered my room, she had a smile. She showed a genuine concern for my pain and nausea. She was my advocate. CoxHealth should be proud to have such an outstanding nurse as she truly provides exemplary care.”