Thursday, March 26, 2015
CoxHealth Family Medicine Residency welcomes class of 2018
On Friday, March 20, CoxHealth Family Medicine Residency welcomed the class of 2018. The residents will begin their orientation on June 17. They are (top row, from left, followed by the bottom row):
· Aaron Buzard, MD, MPH, St. George’s University
· Blake Fulks, MD, University of Arkansas – Little Rock
· Meghan Guthrie, MD, University of Oklahoma
· Shannon Marsden, MD, University of Missouri - Columbia
· Caitlin Schmitt, DO, Kirksville School of Osteopathic Medicine
· Ken Starnes, MD, University of Arkansas – Little Rock
· Lisa Trask, DO, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Sarah Williams, MD, University of Missouri – Columbia
The Cox Family Medicine Residency program is the only primary care physician residency program in the Ozarks, working to train physicians who will be at the forefront of patient care.
A benefit to having a primary care physician residency program at CoxHealth is that many of the graduates choose to practice medicine in the Ozarks.