Monday, April 26, 2010

Cox Monett to recognize employees

Each year, Cox Monett recognizes employees who have served for five years or more; this year’s banquet will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 30th, at the Monett High School. Here are two of the long-term employees who will be honored Friday night:

Nancy Roller, Payroll

Most people living in the Ozarks eagerly anticipate the first day of spring, but not Nancy Roller, Cox Monett Payroll Manager. Nancy loves everything about winter, including the snow and cold weather.

“I love winter because I like coming home to a warm house,” she says. “People think I’m a little crazy, but I don’t think there’s anything prettier than watching the snow fall or waking up in the morning to see the snow glistening in the sun.”

After 25 years in business as a hairdresser, Nancy decided to come to work at the hospital as a switchboard operator, and then later transferred to the accounting department, where she has worked for 13 years.

“I love the people that I work with and the flexibility that my job allows me,” she says. “It truly is a family atmosphere here.”

In her spare time, Nancy enjoys spending time with her family and watching two of her favorite shows on television, “Criminal Minds” and “Dancing with the Stars.” Someday when she retires, she would like to spend more time painting and reading and maybe taking a cruise.

Roger Price, Environmental Services


Who do you call when you don’t know who to call? That would be Roger Price, Cox Monett Environmental Services supervisor. On any given day, Price can be found buffing floors, taking out the trash, cleaning patient rooms or mowing the lawn.

“There’s plenty of work to do and no two days are ever alike,” he says. “Many people have told me we have the shiniest floors around, we take pride in our work and want to do the best job possible.”

Price started his career at the hospital in the housekeeping department cleaning patient rooms. In addition to his regular duties, he also manages 12 full-time and two part-time staff.

“I’m a very simple person, what you see is what you get,” says Price. “I enjoy what I do because of the people that work here.” Roger resides with his wife, Jo, in Pierce City. Jo is from Thailand and they have traveled there eight times to visit her family. They also like to visit national parks and take an occasional trip to Las Vegas. Besides traveling, Price likes to read biographies and buys one book a week so he’ll have them one day when he retires.

“I have a whole bookshelf just waiting for me,” he says.